Posting ID: 7308131
The primary focus of the Research Associate role will be to provide laboratory and instrumentation support to the flow cytometry core facility. The role will be expected to perform lab activities such as titration of critical reagents, daily instrument calibration, maintenance and preparation of reagents. The Research Associate may also execute the testing of immunological phenotype assays using flow cytometry. The Research Associate will also be trained on the maintenance and operation of cell sorters.
The key deliverables for this role are:
* Daily instrument calibration and maintenance and preparation of reagents
* Provide support for cell sorting experiments
* Providing support to flow cytometry assay development and method transfers.
* Titration of reagents and testing of samples.
1. Daily instrument calibration and maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly) of flow cytometers.
2. Startup, QC and assist in cell sorting experiments
3. General maintenance of the Flow Cytometry laboratory (Cleaning, stocking, ordering etc.)
4. Instrument troubleshooting
5. Cell Preparation (thawing, stimulation, etc.) for execution of assays for multiple personnel
6. Cryopreservation of cellular material
7. Document experimental results and protocols
8. Preparation of stock solutions and other reagents including aliquoting
9. Regular presentations to team / group
10. Document experimental design, execution and results
11. Author reports and protocols.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* 1+ years of relevant lab experience.
* Flow cytometry experience highly desired.
* Cell sorting experience desired, but training will be provided for strong candidates.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Michaela Shin