Posting ID: 7338798
Our client, a diagnostic lab in the Durham area is seeking to add a Histotechnician to their night shift team to support an increase in sample volume. We are seeking someone who has some prior cutting and embedding experience at a minimum as this individual will be working fairly independently. This lab typically handles GI and prostate biopsies from clinics and hospitals all over the country.
If you're interested in a new career opportunity or looking for some supplemental histology work then please apply today!
Job Duties Include:
- Performs tissue embedding following established procedures.
- Performs routine cutting of paraffin blocks on a rotary microtome.
- Prepares reagents following established procedures.
- Maintains documentation of workload volume and appropriate records as required by the department, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Maintains block files.
- Maintains accuracy with correct patient tissue on appropriate assigned slides.
- Performs special staining procedures offered in the histology laboratory (automated and manual).
- Researches, troubleshoots and resolves inquiries or problems within the laboratory and with LabCorp clients.
- Performs reagent QC on routinely used reagents and troubleshoots reagent and instrument failures.
- Develops stain troubleshooting skills and develops trouble shooting skills.
- Assists with other non-technical duties within the laboratory as requested by the supervisor/manager to meet immediate needs of laboratory.
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory equipment in designated area. This includes cleaning equipment, minor troubleshooting and reporting any irregularities in operation to supervisor/manager.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by laboratory, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Adheres to the laboratory's safety policies.
- Maintains adequate stock of working supplies, notifies team leader or supervisor of shortage.
- Helps with inventory procedures.
- Participates in required continued education activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Normally requires a Bachelor's Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology OR Associate's degree with 5+ years histology experience.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Strong ability to problem-solve
- Proficient in computers
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Elisabeth Price
Phone: (919) 379-8271