Posting ID: 7339159
A well-known and reputable company in San Francisco is looking to add Certified Pharmacy Technicians to their inpatient team.
- Interpret and prepare patient medication orders (doses) for immediate delivery.
- Fill patient orders for nursing units under traditional drug distribution system. Filling orders may consist of compounding and preparation of extemporaneous compounded products.
- Perform duties in Infusion pharmacies that require advanced technical knowledge, including, cancer chemotherapy, investigational drugs, monoclonal antibodies.
- Prepare and issue controlled substances to nursing units and maintain accurate records for drug control
- Fill and record departmental requisitions from existing stock and compounding of certain requisition orders. This includes inventory, careful screening for identity and expiration dates, and recording of stock. Urgent orders or requisitions are hand-delivered to a specified nursing unit/floor.
- Interpret investigational drug orders and/or compound prescriptions as ordered.
- Participate in the computer entries of all prescriptions/medications using digimedics/pyxis computer system
- Must have an active Pharmacy certification
- At least 2 years of Pharmacy experience; inpatient preferred
- IV additive experience is a plus
- Oral and written communication skills
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Matthew Spain
Phone: (916) 754-4062