Field Services Technician-Kennestone Hospital
Posting ID: JP-002020026
This resource will be working within the Field Services team supporting internal users for technical related issues. They could be solving tickets one day, and doing deployments another, all providing hands on desktop support for break/fix issues.
For the resource covering hospital site, they will be responsible of working with multiple doctors and nurses and must have experience within this type of environment and working very quickly under pressure and communicating technical issues face-to-face with non-technical users. For the resource covering headquarters campus, they must be very fast-paced and work urgently as they are supporting all IT department for face-to-face issues with hardware, phones, devices, systems, applications, etc. They will work with technical resources that will challenge them.
Resources will handle tickets that are coming from the Service Desk and they also get tickets from telecom team.
- phone tickets and email tickets (phone calls are more urgent (coming from administration (CFO, charge nurses - need ASAP attention), email tickets you prioritize (up to 25 service calls a day)
- males have to have a counterpart to enter a female's hospital room
- will be going in some areas of isolation rooms so will have to put on scrubs (one has to be comfortable going into ER to troubleshoot issues)
- work under pressure when people (family, friends) are in hospital room
1. Responsible for installation, support, inventory, system enhancements and management of networked and non-networked hardware i.e. desktops, printers, peripherals, management of networked system/infrastructure i.e. WAN/LAN, cabling infrastructure, connectivity, etc.
- Assists in the development of project-specific work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks can be performed concurrently.
- Works independently on routine assignments and strives to improve skills & problem solving abilities.
-Demonstrates the ability to learn and improve troubleshooting skills by actively participating in education programs.
-Identifies new products/management or applications to enhance WellStar’s desktop support env.
- Maintains/follows all network and non-networked standards. (i.e. print queue and account creations, security procedures etc.)
- Identifies/Implements corrective action/resolves 2 chronic desktop support issues per year.
- Creates training documentation that is user friendly, detailed and precise.
- Creates new suggestions/enhancements for WellStar's network.
- Recommends/Implements and maintains all desktop hardware and software management systems. (i.e. Compaq Insight Manager, Patch Management etc.)
- Evaluates new hardware models and makes recommendations.
- Maintains/Recommends desktop standards and images. Working with Network Administration and Information Compliance Management on requirements for all areas responsible.
Creates monthly news article events/updates to keep current information available to the WellStar user community with helpful hints.
- Completes 90% of assigned projects on time.
- Maintains system/applications/software and hardware inventory in the centralized tracking/inventory system.
- Manages hardware and software inventory spot checks system wide, reporting discrepancies to WellStar’s Information Systems Desktop Services Manager.
- Updates/trains Information Systems Staff, monthly on systems applications, hardware, inventory, operating systems.
- Creates/Maintains/Implements desktop/peripheral/local office/local application P&Ps.
- Creates/Maintains WellStar’s user community print driver delivery mechanism.
- Maintains clean work environment.
- Implements/maintains connectivity standards when performing IDF/MDF adds, moves and changes.
- Installs, configures, maintains WAN/LAN Edge Devices, Closet Level Management. Following the direction of the Core Connectivity Team.
- Disposes of discarded/un-repairable equipment following WellStar’s disposal procedures. (Inventory, Safety etc.)
2. Responsible for problem resolution/troubleshooting/training and communicating with the end users in a timely and customer oriented manner.
- Clearly documents system/application/hardware support issue and resolution in the call tracking system for 80% of all assigned support calls.
- Completes problem resolution, work orders including critical problems in a timely manner (following SLA’s), updating client of status and maintaining work schedules and appointments with the user.
- Maintains service level agreements and follows up with customers.
- Provides status reports as requested in a timely manner.
- Properly documents all work orders and problem calls in tracking system, once assigned, while in work and once completed. A constant chain of documentation for current user status.
- Escalates problems to the proper person/groups/management in a timely manner.
Desktop, Support, Windows, Xp
Top Skills Details:
This is for the Kennestone Hospital in Marietta GA for a 4 month project.
1. Desktop Support experience within a Microsoft enterprise environment: Experience with re-imaging of PCs - A+ knowledge on hardware, ticket escalation and troubleshooting to resolve, root cause analysis for tickets and issues. Handling 20+ tickets per day.
2. Network configuration and hardware setup: Putting configurations together (matching the hardware to the domain and network (switching them on/off). Restoring Ports.
3. Application Support and Installing software: (Proprietary hospital software - Epic, each dept. has their own software - there are over 900+ applications in the environment). Supporting applications and connectivity issues within the environment - middleware application support.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Great communication and professionalism. This includes showing up on time, dressed professionally, and presenting them self in a professional manner. - MUST BE PROACTIVE AND TAKE INITIATIVE.
Wants someone high customer centric
High customer focused
Not just a doer, but someone that can think what’s next for going above just resolving the ticket
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Julius Harris