Posting ID: 7305450
Asphalt Superintendent Job Summary
Aerotek is seeking a Superintendent to supervise and coordinate the activities of the Asphalt Paving Foremen and crew members engaged in spreading, rolling, tamping, and patching asphalt or similar material to form surfaces of highways, streets, parking lots, aircraft landing strips and driveways
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Train Asphalt Foremen and new crew members.
- Calculate the number of trucks required to haul asphalt from the hot plant according to vehicle capacity, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers.
- Tour job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, ensure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, and to supervise the job.
- Supervise and coordinate crew activities, studies production schedules, and estimates work requirements for completion of job assignment in compliance with or beating the job estimate.
- Maintains time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing, prepares progress reports material used, cost and adjusts work schedule accordingly.
- Maintains company policies.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required and at least 3 years of related asphalt and paving experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to type and use keyboards accurately and possess knowledge of database software.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
Our client is offering great employee benefits, a positive work environment, and a wonderful management team!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Alaina Munoz