QC Lab Technician - Night Shift
Posting ID: JP-001972613
Quality Control and Laboratory Functions (50%)
- Performs microbiological analysis of products, water and environment to support Pre-Operation sanitation and HACCP program to ensure food safety.
- Accurately collect samples for product testing, including energy drinks, sweetener samples, raw water, treated water, sanitation rinse water and post sanitation swabbing without compromising validity of test sample.
- Performs Analytical testing pertaining to energy drinks, including but not limited to: Bottles: CO2, air, volumes, crimp, torque, ph, brix, flavor and any others as required. Cans: CO2, air, volumes, seam check, ph, and Brix
- Performs Titratable Acidity analysis of products.
- Performs HPLC analysis of products for caffeine and preservative levels.
- Perform T.O.A. of finished product (Taste, Odor, Appearance)
- Ensures accuracy of all measuring devices, including their calibration.
- Accurately records and documents results from product analysis.
Quality Assurance and Production Support Functions (50%)
- Ensures batching sheets are filled out properly and within specifications before signing off.
- Review ingredient labels, specs, weights, and regulatory documents to validate the batching/recipe being made.
- Communicate with batching, production, and sanitation to pull documents, review specifications, and support these functions from a QA Standpoint.
- Pulling finished goods samples from production for analytical testing and customer testing requirements. Review labels and documents for release of finished product.
- Perform a QA Line Check every 4 hours on their shift. Review GMPs and adherence to Food Safety Standards for production. Check temperatures and calibrations of equipment with supporting documentation.
Media prep, Wet Chemistry, Aseptic Technique, Streaking, Plating, Documentation, Quality Assurance
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 Years of microbiology experience in QC (4yr degree in micro/bio/scientific discipline would take place)
- Some lab experience with plating
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Alex Stangel