Research Associate I
Posting ID: JP-002023336
Top Biotech company in San Diego is seeking a Research Associate I to support the team in accelerating the research and development efforts for our proprietary clustering technology. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and experience in molecular biology techniques, automated systems, next-generation sequencing methods and technologies, writing and updating SOP documentation, bioinformatics analysis, presentation making, preparing reagents, and maintaining laboratory inventory. This position will also require the ability to work cross-functionally with bioinformatics, engineering, and manufacturing departments. Candidate will report directly to manager for day-to-day duties and planning but will also take assignments from higher level managers above.
• Execute SOPs for clustering flow cells.
• Perform custom clustering experiments, as a service to other groups.
• Perform and assist in testing and validation of new protocols and reagents.
• Perform analytical protocols for quality control of reagents.
• Analyze sequencing run data, make data figures for PowerPoint slides, and present the findings in meetings.
• Write and revise SOPs as assigned.
• Help manage and order inventory.
• Prepare reagents and write and maintain batch and lot documentation.
• Track and enter data in spreadsheets.
• Assist in cleaning and maintaining the laboratory.
molecular biology, DNA, RNA, NGS, pipetting, library preparation, isothermal amplification, aliquoting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
• Requires a B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular/Cell Biology, Biology or a related field and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• Comfortable with performing repetitive tasks, such as pipetting, aliquoting, and manual assembly of components.
• Familiarity and experience with molecular biology techniques.
• Next-generation sequencing experience and knowledge is a highly desired. Experience in with next-generation sequencing library preparation, isothermal amplification, and some understanding of surface covalent chemistry are advantages.
• Working knowledge and experience with nucleic acid sequencing data analysis and bioinformatics tools is highly desired.
• Customer service experience in any field is desirable.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072