Posting ID: JP-001979016
The Software Developer is responsible for developing complete modules or sub-assemblies of medium complexity, from conception to design and verification. He/she works in close collaboration with the project lead on assigned tasks, and provides inputs to design, cost and execution timeline to the new product project. This position engages with other team members to design systems that support required applications, and help resolves problems of medium complexity.
1. Develops code and designs software applications based on user specifications.
2. Modifies existing software to correct errors or improve performance.
3. Monitors and assists with software testing and validation procedures and programming.
4. Applies technical competencies to problems with significant complexity.
5. Considers customer needs and trends for projects and activities.
6. Designs solutions that can be readily adapted to changes in technology and/or clinical use.
7. Determines required tasks and completes on time with minimal supervision.
8. Identifies and communicates potential risks with appropriate mitigations.
9. Considers difficult design trade-offs and recommends potential solutions concerning features, schedule, quality and cost.
10. Determines all tasks that are required for a project and accepts responsibility for project outcome.
11. Contributes as a technical reviewer in areas of expertise.
12. Proactively determines measures and standards of success for project, product, and process quality within project teams.
13. Seeks the optimal technology solutions to problems from internal and external options and applies appropriate methodology to identify issues/concerns.
14. Challenges established work processes and proactively finds creative solutions.
15. Communicates accurately, succinctly, and with purpose across the organization through written and verbal communication.
16. Ensures all software design and development activities are properly documented in accordance with established Design Control regulations and adhere to all applicable internal procedures.
1. Education and Experience:
a. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
b. 5+ years’ experience as a software developer or engineer in healthcare IT or medical device industry.
2. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
b. Experience coding in C#, .Net is highly preferred.
c. Experience with C++, WinForms, WPF and WCF preferred
d. Platform Experience: Microsoft Windows and Server, MS SQL Server, Reporting Services, Azure, AD, Windows CE and Linux
e. Experience in software product release processes
f. Experience in Agile SDLC methodologies
g. Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Office suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
h. Proficient with engineering software such as Microsoft VSTS
i. Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver clear and concise information to project team and customers.
j. Previous experience working in cross functional teams consisting of discipline specific engineers, or comparable experience.
k. Strong organizational and communication skills.
l. Proficient problem-solving skills.
m. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
n. Experience in the medical device industry and FDA Regulations is preferred.
Top Skills Details:
1) Experience migrating applications from windows to web-based in a Microsoft Environment
3) WCF experience
Candidates will be required to take an Angular 2+ assessment prior to being submitted***
Azure is a plus--they are migrating to web based first, and then will look at their cloud migration strategy.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This company provides remote patient monitoring:
This company's solutions can be used to help achieve a telehealth initiative at your facility. This company can provide remote perinatal telemonitoring to enable nurses at larger urban/suburban hospitals to monitor mothers and babies across multiple facilities from a central monitoring location. Patterned after a cardiac telemetry unit, a central monitoring station provides oversight within your hospital, across the healthcare organization and/or contracted hospitals. These remote clinical services help to bridge the gap in care for large health systems, community hospitals, and rural hospitals.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Mitchell Pfister
Phone: (919) 760-1091