Robotics Controls Engineer
Posting ID: 7336748
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of all controls aspects on automated equipment including robot programming.
Duties include the following:
- Involvement in research and implementation of new control technologies
- Participate within team to develop concepts and specifications for equipment
- Develop design of control systems for automated equipment (PLC, servo systems, vision, I/O bus systems, FANUC, Yaskawa, etc.)
- Develop vision programs and applications as needed for new systems
- Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of build and debug of equipment
- Responsible for completing controls aspects of projects within the schedule and budget
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Develop relationships with suppliers for equipment/component procurement.
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of controls systems
- Excellent communication skills are vital as the candidate will have to work/lead within a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day to day basis.
- Give guidance and direction to more junior staff to help them realize designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Development of machine documentation
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Quentin Brunetti
Phone: (203) 388-7456