Quality Control Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002019431
Overnight Quality Control Lab Tech
• Position: Overnight Quality Control Lab Tech
• Placement: 6-Month Contract-To-Hire
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Schedule: Rotating – 2x2x3
• Shift: Overnight 7:00PM – 7:00AM
• Pay: $15-17/hr. Pay based upon experience.
o B.S. in Chemistry (or B.S. in Biology with a Minor in Chemistry)
o 3+ years’ experience in a chemical/ manufacturing environment
o 3-years’ experience in wet chemistry
o Analytical instrumentation experience
o Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment preferably (GC/LC/FTIR) and techniques (titration; liquid-liquid partition)
o Capable of:
- understanding and adhering to SHE standards inside the laboratory and inside the facility
- communicating and relating to employees at all levels of the company
- independent work while adjusting to the priorities of production
- walking and standing for long periods of time
o Must have/must be:
- basic computer skills including familiarity with spread sheet programs
- strong math and analytical problem solving skills
- a self-starter who is motivated to do what is necessary
- well organized
- able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- available to work night shift and weekends (12 hr. shift- rotating days)
o Will be performing routine analytical testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished products along with wastewater sampling/adjustments.
o Must be able to follow SOP's adequately and perform triplicate assessments on testing procedures.
o Compliance with safety, health and environmental (SHE) protocols and procedures including wearing proper PPE
o Adherence to the Code of Conduct while conducting all company business
o Performing in-process and finished product testing on products
o Completion of laboratory records and other documentation correctly following good documentation practices
o Communication with the Shift Production Supervisor of in-process batch adjustments based on analytical test results
o Cleaning work area and notifying colleagues when consumables need to be ordered
o Maintaining an orderly workplace
o Effective communication within QC and with all other business units and customers, when required
This is a great long-term opportunity because this company is really growing- they just got new equipment and are expanding!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Kate LaMonaca