Posting ID: 7372281
We are currently seeking a Licensed Structural Engineer to join our team in Portland! We are an International leader in heavy-hauling and rigging, moving components from 300k lbs - multi-million lbs via road, rail and water.
* Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analyzing survey reports, topographical maps, zoning restrictions and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals
* Review blueprints and plans to verify structural integrity of materials, and perform complex calculations and use modeling methods to ensure correct results
* Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects
* Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects, and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executives
* Provide engineering drawings using AutoCAD relative to the Super-Heavy Transportation and Rigging Industry. Use MathCad to develop load and stress calculations for both dynamic and static load situations.
* Prepare documentation for private and government clients covering project plans and progress, change orders, environmental impact findings, ownership transfers and other relevant information
* Additional experience in AASHTO bridge rating, rigging, lashing, and hydraulic calculations is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in civil or structural engineering, plus a minimum of three years of relevant work experience
* Proficient with AutoCAD, MathCad
* Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills
* Professional written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing and giving presentations
* Professional Engineer License
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Kenna Tyler