Network Admin *Clearance, CCNA & Sec + required*
Posting ID: 7304953
Experience in complex telecommunications architectures providing implementation and sustainment of networking technologies. Performs installation, troubleshooting, incident resolution and sustainment of local- and wide-area networking hardware, software and applications. Responsible for installation and configuration of WAN and LAN hardware to include voice, video, and data cable systems. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
* Manages the gateway, routers and switches for the program. Resolves network problems; operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators.
* Monitors data or voice system networks for various messages, alarms, or issues.
* Activates scripts as alarms occur or issues surface. Confirms accuracy of messages, alarms or issues and/or determines severity of problem, issue or alarm.
* Initiates resolution as appropriate. Troubleshoots problems using scripts and standard, routine procedures; escalates as appropriate.
* Researches issues to determine if problem may be resolved using predefined procedures.
* Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures. Identifies issues or problems and resolves as appropriate; escalates when necessary.
* Performs 1-4 problem determination. Interfaces with users and/or network vendors. Designs, engineers and implements associated projects.
* Focus will be on overall Wide Area Network (WAN).
* Performs and or assists in installation, tier-2 and tier-3 troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software and applications to include voice, video, and data cable systems. Performs maintenance of network, servers, voice and video hardware. Maintains the operational usage of the video suites. Ensure specific performance indicators are met or exceeded.
* Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple WAN/LAN environments encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies.
* Assist implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
* Troubleshoot and resolve network media and components.
* Monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software and take corrective actions as necessary.
* Assist with execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions before implementation.
* Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
* Provide operation and sustainment administration and services for day to day operation, maintenance (preventative, corrective, and perfective) of cable plant, and network and communications equipment and configurations.
* Maintain accountability of network hardware, software, spares, test equipment and other related infrastructure components.
* Travel to secondary sites as required performing network equipment maintenance and upgrades.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Theodore Smith