Engineering Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-001975059
Looking for a strong reliable candidate to work in the R&D test laboratory. This candidate will be performing tests on current and upcoming products. Before, during and after testing, you will be involved with documentation and working closely with the engineering team.
- Must be able to work Tuesday and Thursday each week
- Outside of Tues & Thurs - schedule flexible but must be able to work 40 hours.
- Manage the engineering laboratory and keep it orderly
- Acquire and maintain set of tools and ensure all meters are kept in calibration as required
- Develop and document test procedures for simple tests defined by design engineers
- Carry out tests and document results using MS Excel and/or MS Word
- Build electromechanical prototypes according to drawings and/or sketches
- Test prototypes against product specifications and document test results
- Based on test results, recommend design changes to assist manufacturability and reduce cost
Top Skills Details:
- Ability to use dimensional and electrical measurement equipment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Tanner, Andrew