Posting ID: JP-001978040
Designs, develops and supports database implementations to meet business needs. Concentrates on providing solutions and support for availability and integrity of data. Plans and coordinates activities and processes used in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS). Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of RDBMS best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. Works closely with Infrastructure Services management team and Application Development staff to ensure database operational continuity/availability, integrity, recovery, and security. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for ensuring secure access to production system information.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Member of the Enterprise Data Management team that plans, administers, implements, and manages database repositories.
• Monitors databases for optimal performance and acts to mitigate blocking and performance tuning issues.
• Provides guidance to Application Development staff for query, stored procedures, functions and database design.
• Administers and maintains data reporting systems including designing/provisioning security access.
• Designs, implements, and maintains production batch and scheduling systems in support of Extract Transform Load (ETL) processing.
• Implement, maintain database backup and recovery: encryption, compression, off-site, long-term retention schedules.
• Design, implement, and maintain data structures that support high availability and disaster recovery.
• Design, implement, and maintain phased environment control (non-production environment isolation) and migration processes; utilizes change control and configuration management processes.
• Performs business analysis and gathers requirements to support delivery of cost-effective recommendations for project implementations, future enhancements and alternative solutions.
• Creates and maintains policies and procedures, implementation plans, and recovery documentation. Communicates status and findings to management.
• Identify and evaluate industry trends for future enhancements. Conducts research on emerging data management products, features, languages, and standards in support of procurement, development, security, and ongoing operational database management efforts.
• Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
• Conducts server builds, which includes virtual machine sizing, SQL install and configuration, to support SQL upgrades of any/all SQL Server features (e.g., core data engine, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDS/DQS). Cutover planning and documentation.
• Collection of metrics to enable trending of database environment key performance indicators over time. Capacity planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems.
• Requires three to five years of work experience in database administration or systems development, including mastery of relational database systems (Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc), Structured Query Language, Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes and tools, stored procedures and functions, logical database design, query and index tuning, data warehouse structures, reporting systems, and data modeling.
• Additional years of qualifying work experience or relevant technical certification may be considered in lieu of education.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft’s relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Managed Instance
• Skilled in the use of SQL-based query languages; exposure to PowerShell and/or other scripting tools and techniques.
• Experienced user of source control management tools (TFS).
• Solid experience and understanding of ESB/ETL tools such as Dell Boomi or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Experience observing change management and code promotion through non-production environments.
• Must have experience with server operating systems (Microsoft Windows and/or Linux/UNIX), server hardware and data storage (SAN, RAID, etc), physical database design, network topologies, relational database security design concepts, and system monitoring.
sql, sql server, sql database, tsql, ssis, etl, database administrator
Top Skills Details:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Brian Fellers
Phone: (913) 982-4972