CNC / Machine Operators - $18.00/HR - START ASAP!
Posting ID: JP-002023407
Aerotek is looking for CNC machinist / Machine Operator for a guitar manufacturer in Corona, CA! This is a long term opportunity with room for growth!
The Machine Operator will work in the Machine Shop Department. This operator will work on the manufacturing of one of 300 types of metal parts used in the production of Fender products and run one of twelve metal shaping machines. Metal parts are fabricated in house for guitars and amplifiers units. Machine Operators operate an assigned machine, or work on a project for a portion of their entire shift. This employee will operate one of the following machines: Drill Press, Punch Press, Polishing, Sanding or metal bending machine. Metal parts are manually placed, fed, and/or removed by the Machine Operator.
- Corona, CA
- The Machine Operator is responsible for reading blueprints or job orders for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, tooling instructions (such as: fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations).
- They also select positions and secure tools in tool holder.
- Physical requirements are also needed to lift pieces or lift using a hoist, followed by securing it in fixture or and load automatic feeding device.
- The Operator starts the machine, engages feed, and observes operation.
- In addition, the Operator will visually inspect that components being produced meet minimum requirements; irregular raw and post productions components are set aside for disposal, recycling or repair.
- It verifies conformance of drilled/machined work piece to specifications, using necessary tools.
- It will replace worn cutting/drilling tools, use controls to adjust cutting/drilling speeds, feed rates, and depth of cut/drill; may sharpen cutting tools, using bench grinder; may perform minor assembly, such as fastening parts with nuts, bolts, and screws, and hand tools.
- Lastly they will clean the machined parts thoroughly. Will perform additional duties as needed and assigned by supervisor.
Equipment Used and responsibility:
- Punch Press Machine, Drill/Lathe machine, Sanding/Polishing Machine, Bending Machine, Hand tools, tape gun.
- Business Knowledge, Skill Requirements, and Desired Attributes
- Machinery, metal bending or fabrication, machine shop, machine drilling, or machine cutting experience.
- Ability to read Metal Shop blueprints and job orders for specifications and dimensions. Understand tooling instructions.
- Physical requirements: stand, walk, lift, twist, pull, carry, squat and reach.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs. Occasionally will assist other coworkers as needed in the Metal Shop.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps department Supervisor meet goals, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Strong attention to detail, multitask, strong organizing abilities.
- Manipulate raw and post production components; to feed and retrieve metal parts from machinery.
If you meet the minimum requirements please call Semaj at (424) 531 6097!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Lewis, Semaj