Posting ID: 7305429
FPGA Enginer - Glen Burnie, MD
Aerotek's client is a high-technology company chartered in July 1991 to design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), ship self-defense, acoustic ranges and geophysical exploration products. We are one of the few U.S.-based companies that provides a full spectrum of engineering and production capabilities in USW/ASW systems and are committed to supporting our customers' needs through all phases of their programs.
- Embedded system design work including VHDL development for Xilinx, Altera, and Microsemi families of FPGAs.
- Perform VHDL analysis with ModelSim software.
- Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
- Implement digital telemetry interfaces to A/D converters and analog sensors.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCAD development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
- Conduct design certification tests and document results.
- Complete assigned project by working with various engineers to provide an electronic engineering solution that encompasses components engineering, software engineering, packaging, and test equipment design.
- Troubleshoot component failures and investigate root cause of failures in system applications. Track failure statistics and evaluate for trends.
- Recommend design improvements for failure prevention.
- Implement the procedures necessary to complete design tasks in a manner that ensures conformance with customer requirements, company standards, and sound engineering practices.
- 2+ years of professional experience with FPGA programming VHDL development tools (ISE/Vivado, Quartus, ModelSim, Synplicity)
- Hands-on experience with hardware and software testing in a lab environment
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications.
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills; ability to comprehend new hardware/software applications.
- Ability to motivate others; sound effective listening skills; pays attention to details; ability to work under pressure; and ability to meet deadlines.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Recruiter: Anthony Farace
Phone: (410) 567-1342