Posting ID: JP-002020110
Aerotek is hiring mechanical assemblers in the Elkridge, MD area
Qualified candidates will be able to perform the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a proficiency of skills to perform consistently above average quality of work in a timely fashion
- Read blue prints and schematics
- Tubing, grinding, electrical troubleshooting
- Mechanically assemble conveyors
- Provide feedback to Manufacturing and Engineering regarding the adequacy of selected components and hardware for the assembly process in an effort to improve manufacturability
- Responsible for performing manufacturing operations on assemblies or subassemblies and/or electro‐mechanical assemblies used in devices of moderate to difficult complexity
- Work under limited supervision using one or more of the following: drawings, visual aids and verbal and written instructions to manufacture subassemblies or final assemblies, and/or electro‐mechanical assemblies
- Responsible in the troubleshooting of electro‐mechanical production equipment
- At times will be working with personnel outside the immediate department, such as Engineering, QA and Materials
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of power tools and hand tools
- Ability to complete basic wiring
- Able to read mechanical drawings
- Good oral and written communication skills, visual alertness and manual dexterity
- Ability to work from established drawing and experience in a contract manufacturing environment
- IPC training preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to this posting directly
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Ronald Germack Iii