Manufacturing Associate (Upstream)
Posting ID: JP-001979928
Will be working on with the manufacturing and process development team with the upstream and downstream of their product. They want someone in this role at least for the next 2-4 years.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• The primary responsibility will be to execute biologics manufacturing processes at up to 500 L scale. Depending on the department, the primary responsibility will be to support either upstream or downstream operations with opportunity for cross training, and formulation.
o Upstream manufacturing responsibilities include cell banking operations, seed train expansion, 50 to 500 L bioreactor production, and harvest clarification.
o Downstream manufacturing responsibilities include column chromatography, tangential flow filtration, virus filtration, and bulk fill.
o Formulation responsibilities include media and buffer formulations
• The support and execution of process development, technology transfers, and small-scale studies to support regulatory requirements.
o Upstream responsibilities include cell bank stability studies, thaw studies, high passage studies, range finding studies, and developmental runs at scale.
o Downstream responsibilities include column life-cycle studies, resin determination studies, column optimization studies, and support vendor filtration studies.
• The ability to analyze data and to prepare and complete protocols/reports.
Cell culture, Gmp, Aseptic, Sop, Biology
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Possess familiarity with aspects of biologics GDP. Understanding of GMP is a plus
• A people-oriented team player, independent thinker, accurate, precise and constructively critical.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend, holidays, and extended hours.
• Flexibility in positional assignment and willingness to change direction as priorities shift.
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Rossette Glover
Phone: (650) 825-2956