Posting ID: JP-002026617
Aerotek is seeking a driven and experienced Project Manager for a large General Contractor in their building division based out of their office located in Herndon, VA. The PM is responsible for all aspects of the project in the construction phase from pre-construction planning through completion of the project closeout under the direction and oversight of a Project Executive. Duties include technical documentation, jobsite communications with the Project Superintendent and subcontractors, scheduling and cost analysis. A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree along with applicable field experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Effectively manage and lead Project Engineers and Assistant Project Managers
- Negotiate and purchase materials, services and subcontracts for assigned projects
- Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure that projects are properly manned to meet schedules and budgets
- Approve and forward submittals for all shop drawings and material samples according to schedules
- Conduct project start-up and ongoing project conference meetings and prepare written minutes according to Kinsley’s accepted format and distribute
- Work with architects, vendors, estimators and on-site supervisors to facilitate timely and profitable completion of quality projects. Revise budget reports to reflect actual prices when contracts or commitments are received
- Send a subcontract or purchase to the appropriate subcontractors of vendors, in order to establish the price to be paid for their services or goods
- With the assistance of the Estimator, Project Engineer and Superintendent, establish a construction schedule (i.e., CPM and bar chart) and review the project budget
- Notify, coordinate, and schedule subcontractors and materials
- Work with the Project Engineer and Superintendents, reviewing job progress and cost reports with them regularly; guiding, advising and assisting them to meet job specifications and helping them adhere to project schedules
- Provide information from the project estimate to the Field Supervisor, as required, to properly manage a profitable project.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly project costs prepared by Project Engineer and Project Accountant and report any alarming inconsistencies to management
- Visit the project sites weekly, or as required, to review problems, progress of schedule, compliance with plans and specifications, and the quality of work being performed
- Prepare all change order requests for the client’s approval. Coordinate the estimating of all change orders with the Estimator or subcontractor. Document all field directives from the owner or architect that change the scope or original design of the contract documents
- Process and coordinate changes in the project including design changes, lost days, scope revisions, alternate construction methods, etc., keeping all appropriate parties informed
- Conduct a punch list walk-through with the owner, architect, and major subcontractors
- Conduct job summary meetings with project team at the end of the project to discuss performance of subcontractors, budget analysis, schedule analysis, estimate analysis, discussion of key problem areas, noteworthy positive occurrences, and discussion of any items remaining for close-out
- Meet with subcontractors to review their job progress and implement plans to meet the schedules
- Manage Quality Control including preparatory meetings, initial inspections, testing, commissioning, and final inspections
- Manage conflict and problem resolution
- Originate and/or review, submit, log and distribute RFI’s and the RFI responses
- Responsible for the coordination of all sustainability (LEED) documentation and requirements with the Project LEED AP
- Assist in business development of marketing proposals and presentations (Planning and documentation)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1) Prior Commercial Project Management experience required
2) Prior field construction experience preferred
3) 2-4 Year post-secondary degree preferred
4) 8-10 Years' Experience
5) MUST have $8-$10 million projects they can account for
6) Willingness to travel around the DMV/MD areas
7) Client likes to see a candidate that takes initiative and obtains a lot of certifications, always learning and growing.
8) Experience with all phases of construction (Pre-construction planning to the project closeout)
9) Ground Up/Vertical Construction ranging from $10M plus
10) Communication with GCs and Sub-contractors
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Anna Guzzetta