Posting ID: JP-001979888
Aerotek is currently seeking qualified Archaeologist for long term positions in Portland, OR. These positions offer holiday, vacation and access to competitive benefits.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide professional knowledge in the inventory, evaluation, protection and management of prehistoric and historic resources. This position will require the ability to balance and prioritize multiple assigned projects and interact with a wide variety of BPA internal personnel and management, as well as federal, state, and tribal officials and other interested parties.
- Bachelor of Science in Archaeology, Anthropology or directly-related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or directly-related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, 5 years’ professional work experience or equivalent specialized training in archaeological research, administration or management is required.
- A professional in prehistoric archaeology requires at least one year of full-time professional experience in the study of archaeological resources of the prehistoric period.
- A professional in historic archaeology requires at least one year of full-time professional experience in the study of archaeological resources of the historic period.
- 6 months of supervised field and analytic experience in Columbia River Basin archaeology.
- Working knowledge of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA); demonstrated experience with and/or knowledge of section 106 of the NHPA.
- Extensive experience in conducting archaeological field inventories and producing written technical reports.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Holden McHaney