Inpatient cCoding Supervisor
Posting ID: 7369053
* Manages the work flow of Inpatient Coders and the coordination of Inpatient Coding activities to ensure successful operations of the team.
* Monitors team status, current volumes, coding assignments, work schedules and time off requests of the Inpatient Coders and make adjustments, as necessary, to meet defined timely charging goals for each division or service area.
* Monitors and reviews daily Leadership Summary and updates and maintains the Inpatient Coding Productivity Tracker. Identifies, researches and follows up on variances including reviewing Coding Exception Report (CER) and reaching out to the Coder with questions.
* Analyzes and monitors Inpatient coding and edits related to procedures and services coded or charged by the Inpatient Coders by reviewing all available electronic and other appropriate documentation within Epic and/or Cerner to assure appropriate coding assignment, insure data integrity and optimal reimbursement. Monitors for Epic work queue trends and escalates to Coding Leadership impacts to timely coding and charge capture, and avoidable delays for billing and reimbursement.
* Assists the Facility Coding Manager in the planning and coordination of team section meetings and Compliance meetings.
* Acts as the Subject Matter Expert for services coded by the Inpatient Coding team. Responds to questions and issues identified and resolves problems between departmental staff, both internal and external.
* Identifies performance deficiencies related to quality, productivity and behavior. Recommends and participates in disciplinary actions related to performance management.
* Evaluates staff performance annually, including establishing and reviewing individual staff goals.
* Assists in the development, review, revision and implementation of the Inpatient Coding Current Coding Guidelines (CCGs).
* Performs Human Resources activities including interviewing and hiring new Ambulatory Coding staff, performs quarterly rounding with staff, managing staff time cards, updating job descriptions, corrective action as needed, track training, and other HR tasks as needed.
* Performs special projects and other duties assigned.
* May perform the work of lower level classifications of the Coding Specialist series.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Madeline Rowley