Posting ID: JP-002019623
*Must hold an Active DOD Clearance*
Job Title: Storage Administrator
Location: Radford, VA
This position is for a Systems Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of various storage hardware. This position will work with the existing OS and Storage teams to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers and storage systems for the our customer and its customers. This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the systems and providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed. They will be supporting a project where they are switching from Brocade to Cisco MDS.
• Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of highly available enterprise data storage systems
• Monitor performance, errors, and warnings on FC network and attached storage systems
• Maintain storage and FC network policies and standards
• Troubleshoot performance problems and propose short term fixes and long term solutions
• Refresh data from one environment to another at the request of the application development staff
• Follow and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
• Follow ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management
• Lead on deployment, management and troubleshooting of multiple storage arrays from multiple vendors.
• Design, build and maintain redundant dual fabric FC network utilizing Brocade DCX/DCX4s director class FC Switches.
• Storage Array Technologies include: EMC VPlex/VNX/Celarra/RecoverPoint, Hitachi USP-V, Hitachi AMS2500, IBM SVC and Netapp FAS6xxx/FAS3xxx series, HP 3PAR 8440’s.
• Provide customer specific capacity management and performance analysis of all storage arrays.
• Provide capacity and performance trending analyses to each customer based on specific customer usage.
• Develop, document and implement policies and procedures for all managed technologies.
Top Skills Details:
1. Minimum of 10 years of experience working as a Storage Administrator. Must have experience beyond just provisioning and know how the architecture layer of devices work:
-Experience standing up storage devices from scratch
-Experience implementing storage devices
-Experience securing storage devices and following Security protocols - STIG would be preferred
2. Must have Storage hardware experience
-Experience replacing disc
-Experience tracing FC (Fibre Channel) cable
-Experience installing Storage hardware
3. Must have experience with CISCO and Brocade
-Experience managing CISCO and Brocade equipment
-Experience with performing zoning
-They will be migrating from Brocade to CISCO so that type of experience would be preferred!
4. Experience with CLI (Putty) and GUI
-Must be familiar with both and be able to go into equipment via these interfaces
-Obtain locks, make additional configurations
-Know Unix command line interfaces
Platforms: Someone that has only EMC experience will not be a fit because they have only worked with graphic interfaces and not any GUI. This type of vendor (EMC) will do most of the troubleshooting too where the Admin only does provisioning. This is not what we're looking for.
The environment is mixed with HP 3par, Hitachi, Netapp - this is what we're looking for. Their goal is to transition everything to Netapp so if someone has a lot of Netapp experience that would be awesome.
Experience with Boot LUN and RDM (raw device mapping) preferred.
See Interview Section and Chatter (interview questions) for additional things that we should be screening for!
**Must have an ACTIVE Interim DOD Secret Clearance at the minimum**
(we can hold up to a Top Secret)
**Must obtain CompTIA Security+ CE certification prior to starting**
**Note on the duration of contract - the current contract is through April 2021 but is set to renew early 2021 through 2025**
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Nicholas Clay