Wireless Network Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002025519
This role will be in Anaheim approx. 2 days a week at Disneyland Resort/Downtown. The remaining days it will be remote.
This is not a high-level role- this is 100% hands on.
Will be designing wireless access points into Disneyland Resorts, working with vendors on specific projects doing detailed work, reporting back to the team architects
This position provides wireless network engineering and operational support to the Disneyland Resorts Wi-Fi Program. This position will directly support the program and will take direction from the Wireless Manager and from the Disney Enterprise Technology Wireless Network Services team.
The Wireless Network Engineer will support design and installation activities across the project and will validate vendor installs are performed to standard. The Wireless Network Engineer will validate service performance using testing and monitoring tools, and will help to resolve post-installation service issues.
The wireless network infrastructure includes wireless access points, antennas, controllers, switches, and cabling. A successful candidate has knowledge and skills necessary to select, connect, configure, and troubleshoot various wireless networking devices based on practical experience.
Provide engineering support for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, switches, and controllers in support of the Disneyland Resorts Wi-Fi Program
Ensure documentation and configurations are updated for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, and controllers
Conduct and/or review wireless RF surveys and interpret results
Perform post installation Wi-Fi validation and performance testing
• Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience with enterprise Wi-Fi networks, preferably Cisco deployments in high density venues
• Solid understanding of Wi-Fi RF characteristics and signal propagation, including experience working with predictive and active surveys using tools comparable to Ekahau Connect
• Understanding of enterprise wireless authentication methods including 802.1x, EAP, RADIUS, etc.
• Experience with wireless packet captures and analysis
• Solid understanding of switch and VLAN configurations
• Solid understanding IP networking fundamentals and ability to work with LAN network engineers
• Solid wireless network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
• Documentation experience (creation and maintenance). Experience with Word, Visio, and PowerPoint creating and maintaining SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, etc.
• Ability to assist in the development of Bills of Material and technical statements of work
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal
Preferred Qualifications • Cisco Wireless Certification is a plus (CCNP, CWAP)
• Other industry wireless certification is a plus
• ITIL certification is a plus
wi-fi, cisco routers, cisco switches, vlan, ekahau, network design
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Candidates have had extensive layer 1 experience - working with wires and switches - the layer before wireless technologies
• Need a strong emphasis wireless experience
○ Designing, surveying, capture experience
• Come on site 2 times a week
• Does not want operational role
• Design and support role - true engineering
• Experience designing/surveying wireless solutions
• Ib wave? - need Ekahau - airmagnet could work too
Having the ability to ramp up and design
TOP SKILLS/MUST HAVES:
1. Must have extensive experience designing WIFI in high dense venues such as Casinos, Stadiums, Hospitality venues, convention halls
2. Must have expertise in EKAHAU- this is what is used - if they don't have that, then Air Magnet will suffice
3. Experience with routing/switches
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Anthony C.