Molecular Tech Trainee
Posting ID: JP-001971935
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens of nasal swabs and viral media transport (mixed with saline) in closed vials and tubes
- Prepare specimens for high complexity testing and analysis, by opening and alloquotting and pipetting the samples under a biosafety cabinet hood
- Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
- Multi-task and keep track of task details
Bachelor degree in biological, chemical, physical or clinical laboratory science (NOT Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Health Care sciences, administration, nor management). It can be designated as an Arts degree but has to be in one of the sciences mentioned. Legible copy of diplomas/transcripts are required for these positions (we do not require official transcripts). For applicants with foreign degree (includes Canada and Mexico) an evaluation of equivalency, from an accredited agency (not over the internet) is required.
Examples of Bachelor of science degrees majors accepted with required credit hours:
- Cell Biology
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Environmental Science
- Marine Biology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Molecular Biology
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Ryan Bartholomew
Phone: (602) 532-6910