Posting ID: JP-002022302
This role is for the client's inventory management system. This is now the inventory management system of all of ecommerce. When you see inventory that is or isn't available online, as well as what's available to check out, all of that is controlled by their inventory management system.
We need help in solving hard engineering and computer science problems for a world class eCommerce platform.
Your main goals are to:
• Power their inventory system, handling billions of events daily.
• Maximize on-site availability while minimizing reject rates due to lack of inventory.
• Give more insight to our marketing and operations teams via more historical data and improved analytics.
• Unify inventory management responsibilities currently spread across multiple systems and teams.
• Debug production issues with other teams across services and multiple levels of the stack.
java, F#, C#, distribute, cosmos, cassandra, microservices, automation, event processing, asynchronous processing of events, kafka
Top Skills Details:
1.) 4-5 years' experience with Java.
-This person should have top-notch programming skills, with an interest in functional programming languages. This team uses F# right now, but are transitioning to Java. If this person doesn't have experience with F#, that's okay! C# experience will work.
-This person should have basic system design experience, as well as experience with restful APIs.
2.) A strong understanding of designing, developing and supporting large scale, cloud-based distributed systems.
-This person should have direct experience working with distributed databases (Cosmos/Cassandra/etc)
3.) Experience with microservices.
-This team deploys 100 microservices a day, since it's critical that this person understands what's going on and is capable of the changes that need to be made when necessary
4.) Someone who values automation. We don’t like solving the same problem manually over and over.
-This person also needs to have exposure to event-based and asynchronous processing.
-This team processes 10 million messages a minute, so it's imperative that inefficiencies are resolved quickly.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Fluent in a few programming languages, functional, dynamic and static.
• Solid understanding of how to use data structures to solve problems optimally.
• Good understanding of event-driven systems.
• Experience with Apache Kafka or similar streaming platform.
• Understands DevOps: how to support large scale distributed systems, how to prioritize and escalate issues.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Abigail Casey