Posting ID: JP-002021839
Are you looking for a position with a biotech company in the Ann Arbor area? This company is working on commercializing diagnostic kits, however currently they are testing COVID-19 samples for hospitals and clinics. This is a BSL2 certified. Great opportunity with an evolving company - once covid-19 testing is over, you will be working with prostate cancer diagnostic kits.
Lab Accessioner is responsible for logging or documenting the demographics and/or receipt of a specimen in the lab.
*they will be working in a BSL2 with a hood and handling samples that are already processed/tubed... they won't have direct contact with the specimens.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for sample handling
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities
- Performs assigned, non-technical accessioning and specimen processing duties according to department procedures, such as opening sample boxes/containers, matching samples with requested test, matching requisitions with doctors orders, labeling samples with accession numbers
- Enters clinic, patient's name, test requested, reason for ordering test, and other pertinent information into the LIMS (manual and barcode entry)
- Checks the computer log against the requisitions to detect any data entry error
- Corrects accessioning data entry errors
- Identifies reference samples, packages samples for shipping or local courier, and completes appropriate requisitions and documentation
- Performs assigned filing, clerical, and computer related duties
- Corrects all sample department problems. When assigned, contacts clinic about sample problems
- Identifies samples that should be rejected
- Performs assigned, non-technical specimen processing duties according to department procedures, such as labeling or bar-coding samples, arranging samples for analysis, creating ISO printed map
- Performs and documents tasks to department QC and maintenance, stocking reagents, work area cleaning and disinfections, discarding old samples, and any other assigned non-technical duties
2 - M-F 7am-330pm
2 - M-F 3pm-11pm
accessioning, specimens, specimen processing, specimen tracking software, specimen labeling, lims, reagent preparation
Top Skills Details:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072