Project Engineer - Supplier Development (SOW - Jacobson)
Posting ID: JP-002022211
About the position: EASi is looking for Supplier Development Engineers for Supplier Development and Supplier Quality Management for various purchased commodities such as Light Structures, Heavy Structures, Cast, Forged and Machined components. EASi team works with Client’s Design Engineers, Purchasing Engineers and External suppliers to implement Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), process control and deployment of continuous quality improvement process while optimizing direct costs. The individuals are responsible to ensure that suppliers are able to meet Client’s requirements for certification and quality of purchased material, reduce waste and improve supplier process capability and efficiency, ensure adequacy of the supplier’s quality management system capability of people, training, tooling, fixturing and equipment, help suppliers extract value from the Client’s APQP process. The individuals are responsible for scheduling gate reviews with Design Engineers, Buyers, Compliance Engineers, External Suppliers, follow up and follow through on action items to ensure 100% process completion and conformance. Success in this role is based on developing strong supplier relationships and by offering the best customer service to Client’s Design Engineering team.
• Ensure that APQP activities related to process controls are being performed by the supplier.
• Monitor supplier adherence to Process Change Notification (PCN) (for changes driven by Supplier and Client) on a timely and cost-effective basis.
• Manage supplier’s project plans and activities to ensure products meet specifications, form, fit and function requirements.
• Perform Design for Manufacturability, Tooling, Tolerance analysis (GD&T & Statistical Tolerance Analysis) to foresee any critical to quality and cost issues during the gate reviews before engineering print releasing.
• Ensure all relevant requirements and related changes are thoroughly documented.
• Review APQP documentation (e.g., Process FMEA, Process Control Plans, Gage R&R).
• Participate in process FMEA for suppliers’ manufacturing processes.
• Audit process control implementation and effectiveness.
• Validate supplier manufacturing process capability.
• Ensure PPAP completion and approval prior to delivery of new parts.
• Negotiate with suppliers for lowest total cost of ownership of purchased parts
• Ensure resolution and implementation of robust solutions for quality problems associated with purchased materials and engineering issues.
• Perform quality management system audits and Supplier Evaluation Surveys (SES), including assessments of potential new suppliers.
• Participate in the development of Supplier quality metrics.
• Report deliverables progress and roadblocks to EASi Project Managers and clients.
supplier development, casting, heavy structures, light fabrication, supplier quality, apqp, foundry, forging, forged components, cast components, heavy weldments, heavy fabrication, buyer, supplier, gd&t
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1) Manufacturing & Quality processes of one or more commodities - Light Welded Structures, Heavy Welded Structures, Cast, Forged & Machined components.
2) Strong interpersonal communication, planning and organizing skills
3) Cost Modeling / Should costing, APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, Design for Manufacturability
Relevant vs Total experience:
• Experience with at least one or more commodities and skills listed above for a minimum of 8+ years.
Travel: Up to 25% within the United States
**Must have heavy industrial products or aerospace experience
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Riscossa, Vince