Building Maintenance Technician $22-$26/hour
Posting ID: JP-001975995
The maintenance technician will complete required PM
and repairs on the client’s facility equipment.
This position will be crossed trained and utilize a “flow to the work”
concept. The successful technician will
be an excellent communicator and have exceptional follow up capabilities. The technician will exhibit an ownership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance activities on facility following written instructions. PM activities include measurement of wear, replacement of expendables (i.e. belts, hoses, fluids, filters, etc.) and inspection/evaluation of operating characteristics such as speeds, pressures, vacuum, or vibration
- Completes general building repairs, including repair and painting of walls, doors, floors, etc. Completes repairs to plumbing system including fixing leaks and stoppages, repairs or replacement of sinks, piping, valves or drains. Repairs and maintains controls, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
- Performs operational round using a checklist to document performance characteristics (i.e., operation modes, pressures, temperatures, RPM, etc.) of facility systems and equipment.
- Communicates directly with the customer and site lead in assuring that all aspects of a work request are understood, that parts must be ordered, or that requested completion date will be delayed for any reason not discovered during the conversion of the work request into a work order.
- Maintains building lighting, task lighting on furniture systems, parking lot lighting, lighting contactors, and emergency lights/exit lights
- Performs PM & repairs on dock equipment – Overhead doors, dock levelers, dock locks and seals
- Repair and maintenance on HVAC, exhaust and dust collecting systems in an industrial setting
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Site Manager
- HS Diploma, some trades schooling or experience preferred.
- electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Valid driver’s license, Fork truck operator’s license, JLG operator’s license
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions operating and maintenance instructions, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one –on-one and small group situations of customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: days, evenings, weekends and emergencies
- Present self in professional manner: neat appearance and grooming.
- Able to produce a quality work product in a prompt, safe and efficient manner. Observe and adhere to safety and health rules.
- Good communication with and respect for co-workers and their property, vendors, and tenants
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
- Maintain a good attendance record, including notification in the event of tardiness and absence
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Butler, Sean