Senior Program Manager
Posting ID: 7308229
***W2 Candidates Only***
Currently, we are seeking a collaborative IT Program Manager (Contractor) to join the Corporate Division in Newport Beach, CA. The Corporate Division supports the goals and initiatives of all other divisions throughout the company and its subsidiaries. These departments may include: Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Corporate Development, Public Affairs, Safety & Security, Legal & Compliance.
The Program Manager IT will plan and manage medium-to-large sized systems projects of moderate-to-high complexity, and ensure project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives. This particular role revolves around the Return to Office initiative (part of an overall strategic initiative of Workplace Transformation). Occasional yet necessary on-site work related to return to office and in support of the new ways of working.
* Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit realization
* Contributes to thoughtful and creative discussions with project sponsor(s), department and division management on resource and scheduling, plans and challenges.
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills, exhibit poise and exercise diplomacy in communication, conflict management and effective decision-making
* Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
* Escalates issues in a timely manner, with clear plan of action for project team members and project sponsor(s)
* Proposes recommendations and adjustments working with IT Management on utilization of resources for project planning activities
* Analyze project/program data on assigned projects for efficiency gains and make recommendations to management based on findings.
* Establish and maintain project plans, report progress as required, generate risk assessments, escalate issues, and facilitate project review presentations.
* Facilitate meetings related to the projects/programs involving multiple stakeholders, e.g. customers, vendors
* Works with developers, operations, system administrators, business analysts and business staff on assigning tasks, establishing project/program deliverables and scheduling of those tasks and deliverables.
* Obtain approval from project sponsor(s) and/or primary stakeholder(s) for the purpose of influence in effective decision making.
* Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; execute with limited information and ambiguity
* Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Ability to direct the work of others and informally influence project team members, sponsors, etc
* Ability to work in a team environment, with department and division management, business staff, software engineers, business systems analysts and network engineers.
* Strong planning, organizational and leadership skills
* Ability to navigate a matrixed and federated organization effectively
* Knowledge or experience supporting a Corporate IT business unit a plus
* 7-10 years of previous experience working with technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent, including 4 years in managing information technology projects, or equivalent, required
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
1. This is for a highly visible Workplace Transformation project which will work with the whole enterprise on establishing a safe and productive return to work environment. This will require a solid 5+ years of infrastructure background since they will be handling the IT initiatives as a result of this project.
2. This program manager will be a part of the PMO and working closely with Facilities and E&Y as their strategy partner to help manage this project directly with the PMO. Must have strong PMO skills and communication.
3. Ability to navigate a matrixed and federated organization effectively (Enterprise Background, preferably within a Corporate IT/Shared Service PMO Model) Soft skills are very important, an entrepreneurial style with great communication and ability to get along well with all levels of the organization.
***W2 Candidates Only***
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
Recruiter: Tami Torres