PLS Tower Civil Structural T-Line Engineer
Posting ID: 7341881
Seeking a Civil Structural Engineer whose primary work consists of working with new and existing transmission line structures and foundations. Candidate must have steel detailing knowledge, a strong understanding of FEA concepts and limitations, and foundation design experience.
* Work with Transmission Line Design teams to analyze and/or design special transmission structures
* Create and check PLS-Pole (wood, steel, concrete) and PLS Tower FEA Models
* Analyze existing structures for added loads from reconductoring, communication antennas, or ground clearance mitigation
* Limited work in PLS-CADD and PLS-CADD/Lite to generate wire loads on structures
* Must be capable of preparing/checking calculations using engineering formulas and skills using Excel, Mathcad, or similar
* Must be familiar with the capabilities and limitations of typical FEA analysis software such as PLS products, STAAD, and/or RISA
* Design drilled concrete shaft, driven pile, and direct embed foundations using Ensoft products (LPile, Shaft, APile, etc.), FAD Tools, and/or other software as required
* Design and detail modifications and/or strengthening for existing structures
* Must have knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as ASCE 10, ASCE 48, IEEE NESC-C2, CPUC General Order 95, AISC MoP #74, AISC 360, ACI 318, etc.
* Familiarity with AutoCAD 2D and standard Microsoft Office products is a requirement.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Duties will include interfacing with Southern California Edison engineers and managers.
* Occasional day-travel with rare overnight travel for site visits and client meetings will be required. Field work usually includes measuring and/or documenting the condition of existing structures for analysis or reporting (NO climbing or work near energized parts; if elevated work is required the Mesa engineer will direct a team of climbers from the ground and document what they find)
* add antennas to lattice towers
* inspections on lattice towers in field
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Jayde Dellomes
Phone: (714) 347-1270