Posting ID: JP-001974244
Our client is a diversified technology company. The life sciences business focuses on cutting edge biomanufacturing technology and science.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
This position focuses on a groundbreaking area of research and development which combines 3D printing technologies with complex biological tissue assembly. It primarily involves evolutionary development of prototypes into a production ready product. The product will allow scientists to work with and print out complex human tissue structures for their own research. The position additionally involves development of hardware and tools which allow manipulation of the tissue structures inside a virtual 3D environment.
The ideal Electrical Engineer for this position will need to be skilled in many aspects of engineering. They must be highly motivated. They must be always learning and willing to expand their horizons and are able to recognize when a different solution might be more appropriate. They are able to adapt and pick up new and different technologies quickly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Develop hardware according to functional and technical specifications or develop specifications based on current scientific research evidence.
• Comfortable with hand on prototyping and testing.
• Create clear, robust design documents.
• Participate and contribute in the design process as a team member.
• Work hand in hand with software engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, doctors, and other technical experts on a daily basis.
• Hardware development for Biomanufacturing.
• Ability in both analog and digital design.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
-Investigating electrical components/hardware needed for a new product (control panel components, PCB components, power supplies, sensors)
-Prototype builds--wiring, wire stripping, soldering (this is hands-on work)
-Building test stations
-I/O Testing, functional testing of electrical and electronic systems
-Electrical schematic design using AutoCAD
Design, testing, engineering, bioscience, biomedical, prototyping, prototype, research & development, lab equipment, AutoCAD, Electrical design, Electrical engineering, Schematic, Electrical, Automation, AutoCAD electrical, industrial control system
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong CAD experience (Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical, Vault).
• Deep understanding of electrical engineering development, both in theory and practice.
• Can work independently when needed and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to be hands on when prototyping new designs which will include assembly.
• Desire to implement new technology in a quickly changing environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Strong engineering foundation and general analytical skills.
• 2-3 years of experience as an electrical engineer working on new product design.
• Experienced with PLC programming, circuit design, and control systems.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Kaitlyn Doehring