Remote - Mortgage Underwriter
Posting ID: 7337440
We are looking for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter to evaluate and determine the eligibility of loan applications. The Mortgage Underwriter's responsibilities include analyzing and verifying loan applications, evaluating risks, and making loan eligibility decisions.
A successful Mortgage Underwriter should be able to exercise sound judgment based on detailed analysis and ensure that all documentation is in compliance with the relevant regulations.
Mortgage Underwriter Responsibilities:
- Authorizing and underwriting loans.
- Reviewing and verifying loan applications and supporting documentation.
- Analyzing loan risk and requesting additional information as necessary.
- Preparing reports on assessment findings.
- Making loan eligibility decisions and approving or rejecting applications.
- Reviewing and specifying loan conditions as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Documenting and effectively communicating reasons for the approval/rejection of loans.
- Returning applications with additional documentation to the loan officer for review.
Mortgage Underwriter Requirements:
- 2+ years of Experience in loan underwriting..
- Good working knowledge of mortgage loan processing and relevant legal regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and automated underwriting systems.
- Experience with Encompass LOS
- Wholesale & Retail Lending Experience
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Jordan Mavromatis
Phone: (614) 339-4781