Posting ID: JP-002023733
RF Design Engineer for our RF and High-Speed Design Center of Excellence in Phoenix, AZ. This design center focuses on radio and high-speed solutions across multiple markets and is equipped with VHDI PCB fabrication manufacturing and well as Micro-E and SMT lines. It is designed as a one-stop shop for customer design and manufacturing requirements.
This role will work with cutting edge EW, Radar, and radio technologies for A&D, Medical, Industrial, and Telcoapplications. They’ll be responsible for radio subsystem level analysis, modeling, and testing, coordinating design at the block or component level and ensuring compliance to subsystem level specifications.
Working with peers in the RF and High-Speed Design team, this person will:
· Be the voice of the customer: interpret customer specifications and perform the necessary analysis and simulations to guarantee full compliance.
· Identify emerging solutions that can be integrated into project designs early in the design cycle to enhance performance.
· Lead design reviews and oversee the project development while continuously optimizing for maximum specification margin through the entire design cycle.
Focus will be on linear and non-linear block level design or component selection, how each piece, along with the control and biasing circuitry, fit into the RF subsystem and interact with one another, all the while trying to push the edge of SWaP-C.
· Hands-on RF/Microwave/mmWave design experience and testing/debugging of product designs and families included but are not limited to: Up / Down Converters, Switch Filter/Amplifier Assemblies, Sources & Synthesizers, Transceivers, Receiver Exciters, Hybrid Microelectronics, Integrated Multichip Modules, Monolithic / Hybrid / Discrete Components, Analog/ Digital Control Electronics in the frequency range of DC-120 GHz.
· Looking for candidates with strength in amplifiers and low phase noise design. Chip and wire hybrid design using GaAs and GaN (Gallium Nitride).
· Experience with RX/TX cascade analysis, link budget analysis, and a working knowledge of RF impairments and their impact to system performance.
· Expertise in at least one circuit/system simulator and EM Solver tool: ADS, AWR, Genesys, MATLAB/Simulink, SystemVue, CST, HFSS, SONNET, FEKO, etc.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of PCB design and fabrication methods to creatively and efficiently lead PCB design solutions for customers based on various applications and technologies.
· Experience preparing and delivering status presentations of debug investigations and design tradeoffs in a concise manner.
· Demonstrated leadership ability, team-building mindset, and ability to communicate complex ideas in an easy to understand manner.
· Experience mentoring RF entry level engineers, less experienced RF designers, and engineering interns.
· Must be self-motivated, flexible, and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
1. Masters or PhD level Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred, with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on industry experience in radio building blocks or RF subsystem design.
2. Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card holder.
3. Must have a history of working cross-functionally with Mechanical, Digital, Process, Power Management, Software, PCB, Quality, and Test Engineering.
4. Experience with space application designs and their corresponding qualification requirements is a plus.
5. Experience with miniaturization techniques and packaging RF subsystems in a small envelope is a plus.
6. Work experience with mmWave phased array antennas and beamforming techniques is a plus.
7. Experience designing and implementing waveguide and high frequency RF coaxial connector transitions is a plus.
8. Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance is a plus.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Richard Picone
Phone: (952) 594-8645