Posting ID: 7342561
This microbiologist will be conducting release testing, performing micro validation work, and will be writing protocols and reports.The Microbiologist is responsible for coordinating and monitoring microbiological testing and ancillary testing related to quality control products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates and performs routine microbial testing of finished product, bulk in process, raw material, and stability (PET) samples in accordance with compendial and in house methods.
- Prepares stock cultures, media, plates, standards and solutions needed for microbiological testing.
- Develops and performs environmental monitoring functions.
- Orders and maintains the chemical and consumable material inventory
necessary to perform microbial testing
- Performs routine maintenance, cleaning and calibration of equipment used in the micro lab.
- Performs general housekeeping and organization of microbial working spaces according to GLP
- Performs routine physical and chemical testing of finished product, bulk in process, raw material, and stability samples
-Will be doing aseptic techniques, enumeration, and pipetting.
On an average day:
Individual will be testing finished ingredients, conducting water testing, making media, water testing, environmental monitoring, bioburden testing, handling stock cultures,plating techniques, pour plating, and practicing aseptic technique.
Other main testing that is required that won't be part of the regular day to day is PET (Preservative Efficacy Test), Validation of micro methods of new products, and micro limit testing.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
Recruiter: Margaret Hughes