Job thumbnail

Mechanical Design Engineer

Aerotek

03/02/2021

Posting ID: JP-002028117

Full Time
Share:Facebook iconTwitter iconLinkedin icon

Description:

80% of day will be in the office designing in Solidworks 20% on the floor working with assembly on product Working with lead engineers who come up with concepts and this engineer develops BOM and detailed drawings and release to production Not any fully new product development but every machine is customize per client so might have 80% of drawings from current and customize the other 20% Once in production be lead person to help resolve any issues with design and application Responsible for the successful execution of projects. Supports schedule developed by the Master Scheduler as an individual contributor. Ensures designs meet scope, schedule and budget. Ensures designs meet safety and regulatory standards. Ensures all designs are fully defined, developed, validated, tested, and documented. • Supports machine debug and iterative development. • Specific responsibilities regarding projects. Interfaces with customers to refine customized mechanical concepts to meet customer specifications. Creates conceptual design layouts. Designs machines and/or sections of machines. Creates detailed machine drawings. • Designs mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies and piece parts. Performs engineering calculations to validate design decisions. Prepares and distributes drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information required for the manufacture and assembly of machinery. • Selects and/or specifies purchased parts to be used in the manufacture of the machine. • Utilizes ERP system to input required data and information. Participates in customer meetings to discuss technical issues. Implements customer "punch list" items when required. • Requests and/or reviews product samples or product descriptions. Coordinates with sales to obtain samples on a timely basis. Monitors and reports on progress to ensure scope, budget and timelines are met. • Escalates issues to the Lead Engineer and/or Mechanical Engineering Manager. • Works with the Documentation Department to ensure accuracy of Maintenance manuals. Cross trains to support a number of product lines. Supports NPD team as required. Provides technical support and assistance to other departments. .

Skills:

Design, Mechanical, Solidworks, Machine design, Bom, Mechanical design, packaging, machine component

Additional Skills & Qualifications:

MUST HAVES: MINIMUM 5 years experience bachelors in mechanical engineering mechanical design experience BOM experience Solidworks full machine design or machine component design large capital equipment design NICE TO HAVES ERP exp packaging exp

Experience Level:

Intermediate Level

About Aerotek:

We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

Contact Information

Recruiter: John Lisy

Phone: +13126013611

Email: jlisy@aerotek.com

Related Courses

Browse All

Blog