EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Protection and Controls Department of the organization. The designer will develop electrical construction drawings for substations. They will supervise and mentor lower level designers.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Create and modify three line diagrams, AC & DC schematics, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, relay schematics, or other equipment schematics such as MOABs, circuit breakers, CCVTs, and panel front views using Microstation
- Design protection schemes that deal with breaker controls, line relaying, bus relaying, and communication internal to the station as well as external to the station
- Work with the latest standards to create drawings for a given project
- Set up layouts for plotting using existing drawing templates or develop new templates as required
- Work with part naming and numbering conventions; and file naming and management protocols
- Use ProjectWise for project documentation to track all design modifications and new designs
- Handle complex projects without supervision
- Coordinate with people from other departments who are involved in a design project
- Supervise and mentor less experienced designers
- Check and validate drawings for the project and the drawings of peers and subordinates
- Will be considered a "Subject Matter Expert" for Protection and Control Design
- Function as project lead on small, less complicated projects with little guidance from an engineer
- Work under supervision of engineers
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- 12+ years of experience designing schematics, wiring diagrams, one line diagrams, and elementaries
- 12+ years of electrical design experience using Microstation or AutoCAD
- Associate degree in applied science
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Ability to develop wiring diagrams and cable/conduit tables from schematics
- Advanced knowledge of one-line and three-line electrical drawings
- Advanced knowledge of fuse and circuit breaker coordination
- Advanced understanding of design practices and engineering systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.