TEKsystems is now hiring a junior/mid-level database administrator for a role in Mobile, AL. Our client is seeking someone to come work as a member of their technical development team who will participate in all aspects of database design, development, deployment, and testing.
The main responsibilities will be to:
* Develop and test backup/recovery procedures
* Perform installs and upgrades
* Partner with DB Architect in setting database standards and best practices
* Evaluating business requirements and translating them into specific database solutions
* Creating data design models, database architecture and data repository
* Creating and testing database prototypes
* Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability
* Ensuring new database schema meets standards for readability and performance
* Monitor and tune for performance
* Write efficient T-SQL scripts.
* 3+ years of experience as a database administrator.
* Strong experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012 & higher (stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, constraints & indexes).
* Experience with modeling tools.
* Strong database design and development experience working with developers.
* Understanding of different database models and styles (OLTP, OLAP, NoSQL)
* Intermediate level knowledge of Windows operating systems.
* Experience in troubleshooting performance issues (query optimization, performance monitors & troubleshooting tools).
* Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
* High level reasoning skills with the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of data in situations with limited standardization. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions presented in both written and oral form.
* Presents a professional and positive image at all times.
* SQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 Server Certification
* Experience in Enterprise Design for high volume, transactional environments
* Experience with Analysis Server (SSAS) and Integration Services (SSIS)
* Knowledge of BI infrastructure
* Experience in virtualized environments
* Previous experience with MongoDB and PostgreSQL a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
sql server integration services
sql (programming language)
server (computer science)
online analytical processing
online transaction processing
sql server analysis services
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.