Sr. DevOps Engineer
As an industry leader with an unsurpassed service record, WASH provides outstanding laundry services to apartment properties, condominiums, military bases, and college and universities. With over 30 branch offices across the U.S. and Canada, WASH has over 70,000 locations with more than 5 million people using a WASH laundry room every week. Even with our solid reputation as an industry leader, our product isn't laundry equipment - it's customer service. WASH's mission is to provide best-in-class laundry room operations to our customers by delivering superior quality service.
The driving force to our success continues to be our customer service. As we build upon our 70-year history, growth and innovation are at the forefront of our strategic goals. Over the past five years we've doubled in size, pioneered new advances in laundry room technology, and modernized our systems. In being a people-centered company, we provide professional development, promotional opportunities, and a learning environment to continue to innovate. If our spirit of innovation and customer-focused approach speaks to you, we'd like to meet you!
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for developing the deployment framework for all of our applications and systems, managing the build and deployment pipelines and releasing successful code and applications to production that deliver business solutions to our internal teams, as well as external customers. This position has technical, process, and quality responsibility for all aspects of engineering: release management for application, API, and databases,
* Automate provisioning servers, environments (test & production), deployment of code, and perform configuration management
* Manage source code repositories along with branching / merging strategy
* Responsible for all aspects of release plan and production readiness checklist
* Development of technical design documentation based on functional and stakeholders' requirements
* Collaboration with project management team to ensure alignment and communication of project status or issues
* Design, develop and deploy CI/CD and DevOps pipelines
* Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile (SCRUM/Kanban) project teams ensuring high quality delivery is at the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery
* Ensure predictable delivery of quality releases
* Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of continually increasing our development productivity
* Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
* Evangelize automation, Test Driven Development practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery mindset and use experiences to support the teams in these areas.
* Maintain exceptionally high standards of design and code quality at all times, including but not limited to adherence to architectural, security and scalability standards and principles applied at WASH
* Implement Code Quality and Security compliance tools for adherence with WASH standards.
* Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Manage and maintain tools to automate engineering operations * Assess, analyze and strengthen the security of systems, data and access points
* Assist in diagnosing and debugging issues within production systems
* Integrate monitoring, logging and metrics frameworks
* BS / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject - or equivalent work experience 7+ years of recent experience of developing DevOps pipelines using container and other types of frameworks within an Agile environment
* Working within UNIX/Linux, Windows, Docker, Virtualization and Node server environments.
* Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methods and toolsets
* Expert experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, TerraFarm, AWS CodePipeline / CodeDeploy or similar.
* Expert experience with automation/configuration management - Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS CLI, PowerShell or similar
* Strong Experience using library management tools like Maven, NuGet, JFrog, Nexus, SonaType, Artifactory or similar.
* Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
* Ability to work with Distributed Version Control Systems such as GIT (preferable) / Git Lab, Git Hub, or similar.
* Working knowledge AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Elastic Container Services, Elastic Bean Stalk, SNS, SQA, and server less computing.
* Working knowledge of Cloud Databases such as AWS DynamoDB, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL, COSMOS is a plus
* Willing to experiment with many ideas and showcase the output with peers and the wider teams Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge
* Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal)
* Adapts communication style for junior engineers, senior engineers and senior management alike
* Proactive 'self-starter' attitude
* A creative, innovative and inquisitive character.
* Uncomfortable with repetition seeking automation in preference
* Ability to thrive in an environment of continuous change.
* PLUS: Experience with SecOps
* PLUS: AWS Certifications
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.
amazon web services
ruby on rails
sql (programming language)
agile software development
python (programming language)
server (computer science)
scrum (software development)
software quality assurance (sqa)
perl (programming language)
aws command line interface (cli)
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.