Seeking an experienced Business Analyst with knowledge of power systems, energy markets, and/or electric utilities. Under the general direction of the Lead Business Analyst (or Manager of Strategic Initiatives), conducts business analysis and develops recommendations and requirements to enhance AS-IS business systems. Coordinates development and implementation of various projects. Partners with technical personnel and internal business units to support timely and effective use of corporate project methodology. Leverage knowledge of business requirements across the entire market timeline by translating market design initiatives into business requirements as defined by the Program Lifecycle (PLC) and other industry best practices. Works to enforce adherence and compliance to established ISO policies, procedures and standards. Detailed Description
- Participates in planning, analyzing, developing recommendations and requirements to enhance AS-IS business processes.
- Conduct in-depth impact assessment of the ISO tariff, market policy, business process, and business practice manuals.
- Performs impact assessment to understand project scope against established tariff and other regulated standards, business processes, business practice manuals, organizations and system architecture.
- Develops and document business processes, business and system requirements, and business rules. Determine and negotiate long term ownership of changes from project to business unit.
- Ensures traceability of requirements throughout the analysis and design activities.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop "best practices" policies and procedures, and to identify and resolve issues to help create a flexible and efficient organization.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Level of Education and Discipline:
- Supports detailed design and development activities by providing project knowledge.
- Act as a liaison between the technical and business resources.
- May interfaces with ISO market participants through stakeholder meetings, planning forums, and workshops as needed to ensure that business requirements are clear and consistent with their readiness plans for major market initiatives.
A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.Amount of Experience:
Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years related experience.Type of Experience
Experience in utility / ISO industry highly desirable. Additional skills and abilities:
About TEKsystems:We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, as well as solid, business process quality, risk management expertise, planning and analytically skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential.
- Excellent facilitation and problem solving skills and experience. Must be able to handle a dynamic and changing work environment, and work well independently.
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.