Produce machined parts from metal castings and/or forgings meeting specifications and schedules by setting up & operating CNC machines, maintaining quality and safety standards; inspect parts, document corresponding records; and maintain equipment and supplies. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and jig borers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run (prove-out), when afforded, to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Documents all information pertaining to the setup and operation of each job assigned. This is accomplished with sketches, photos, and written descriptions, and includes the responsibility to keep this documentation neat, easy to read and up to date.
- Confers with Manufacturing Engineering, Programmers, Planners, and other personnel to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining good housekeeping practices with assigned machines and immediate work areas.
- Applies good technical practices to care for and prevent damage to machining and measuring equipment.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality. Confers with supervisor when problems arise impacting expected level of performance.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- Skilled in complex machining of exotic metals using CNC Lathe, maintaining extremely tight tolerances (+/-0.0005 or less).
- Skilled in proper use and techniques of precision measuring instruments and other basic hand tools
- Proven ability to read and accurately interpret work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, sketches, tooling, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, correctly interpret and apply GD&T notations
- Attention to detail with ability to think and act analytically and to use mathematics to meet job requirements
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and offer sound recommendations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal / team skills with sense of urgency and ability to meet job requirements.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to stand for much of an 8 - 10 hour day.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- NTMA CNC Machining Certificate or other trade school certification or equivalent preferred
- 3 years CNC machining experience in precision metals (eg titanium, Inconel) including doing own set-ups
computer numerical control (cnc)
quality management systems
cutting tool (machining)
aerospace basic quality system standards
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.