Interested in working as a Senior Software Engineer in our Development Engineering team by contributing with your software engineering background?
We are known for innovation and quality in our analytical instrumentation and are looking for a Software Engineer for our Development Engineering Thermophysical Properties Group to support its world-class reputation. This is a career level opportunity for an innovative creative scientific engineering mind to take their software/computer science background and apply it in an engineering development environment creating new systems to make better measurements for scientists and engineers around the world to use to develop new and better products. This is an exciting and wide-ranging position for an individual with the motivation, curiosity and intellect to excel in the development of the leading edge of thermal analysis instrumentation in a best in class specialty measurement company. Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the followingEducation:
- Research, design, develop and release/maintain: Application, User interface, Data analysis, Instrument control software for thermophysical properties product line.
- Evaluate system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications.
- Responsible for ongoing support of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Working within a formal development process covering the full development lifecycle.
- Work in collaboration with the agile team and appropriate experts to implement your designs.
- Provide work estimation and tracking information to support management decisions and planning.
- Keep a pro-active attitude to insure continuous improvement of the software quality, work process and individual skills.
- Provide contributions to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance.
- Provide product specific and technical support to internal and external users where appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, software, or related engineering field, MS or PhD is a plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software engineering of instrumentation or closely related industry, more or less experience will be considered for the right candidate.
- Should be highly knowledgeable and able to demonstrate one's application of engineering fundamentals, theories, concepts, and procedures used for the development of scientific instrumentation or similar products.
- Background in either math, physics or chemistry and ability to understand scientific models and implementing them into working code.
- Lead and/or participate in the design of the embedded code for new or existing systems.
- Experience in creating user interfaces for scientific workflows and data.
- Experience with low-level embedded processing and hardware interface.
- Designs, develops and tests software programs, following established software development procedures, including but not limited to, documentation of code, source safe control, and version assignment.
About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Experience with Linux, ARM processors - ARM9 Cortex, M7 preferred.Python 2.7 and 3+ for Linux and Windows
- C, C++, RTOS, Linux, gdb/gcc tools etc.
- Scientific libraries for python (scipy, numpy).
- Qt graphical toolkit and PyQt bindings.
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.