A national engineering firm is looking to add a Design Technician
to their team in Indianapolis, IN
. This is a long term opportunity that is open because the company recently opened their local office and are actively building out their long-term team.
This position will be dealing specifically with the design aspect of power distribution, and is intended as the first step of a long career within the company and the energy industry. Best candidates have AutoCAD experience, basic electrical knowledge, and the willingness to learn. Job Responsibilities:
- Interacting with the customers and determine what needs they might have.
- Spend time in the field inspecting power poles, taking pictures, gathering information, working with GIS, and anything else required for the job (will not work at heights)
- Go back and design what work needs to be done within specific design software
- Work within a team-based environment to accomplish local work
About Aerotek: We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Associate's Degree or higher in related field (i.e.: Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, etc.)
- Electrical Knowledge (i.e.: know what a transformer is, electrical distribution of power, what a conductor is, etc.)
- Candidates without degree but experience in AutoCAD or CAD-like software will be considered
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate high levels of self-motivation and interpersonal skills for this job
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.