New application development
Product sustaining activities
The Software Engineer will work on project teams to provide a broad range of software design and programming expertise designing application software for complex analytical instrumentation systems for field application of scientific analytical equipment. The candidate will be responsible for all software engineering life-cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis, design, programming, debugging, unit testing, of new development and sustaining of existing applications. Develop software that requires a broad range of technical expertise from instrument control to GUIs to complex algorithm development. Design innovative user interfaces, implement data analysis algorithms and provide instrument troubleshooting and debugging. This position includes involvement with the project, scientific and manufacturing teams. Responsibilities include planning and tracking your own work schedules.
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years relevant experience in software application development
* Cross platform development experience with Windows, and Android
* C#, C++, C, WCF, XAML
* Comfortable with multi-threaded programming and debugging
* Experiences in instrumentation control and mass spectrometry are particularly favorable
* Entity framework/SQL experience
* Solid understanding of software security practices
* Communications protocols and embedded software architectures
* Experience with Xamarin or Qt
* Cross platform development experience with iOS
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience with Python and other embedded software tools
* Work on a small Agile development team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
* High energy, proactive orientation; comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial atmosphere
* Very high mathematics aptitude
* Comfortable working with electro-mechanical components and systems
* Some travel to customer sites may be required
* US Citizenship required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
windows communication foundation
c sharp (programming language)
c++ (programming language)
c (programming language)
sql (programming language)
android (operating system)
extensible application markup language
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.