Our client, a gene therapy company in Cambridge, MA, is looking for a research associate within their Vector Engineering group to support the advancement of adeno-associated virus/AAV-based therapeutics.
If you are passionate about developing treatments for rare diseases and eager to advance the AAV gene therapy field, this is the role for you.
The candidate will be supporting the advancement of the client's therapeutics through several methods: molecular and biochemical techniques, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based assays.
- Work with a dynamic team to generate and characterize novel AAV gene therapy viral vectors
- Work with senior research staff to develop methods and conduct research in support of cGMP vector manufacturing platform
- Design and conduct molecular biology experiments
- Troubleshoot and develop new technologies
- Communicate results and research progress during team and departmental meetings
- Prepare, write, analyze, and present technical data and reports
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to drive innovation
About Aerotek:We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- BSc in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or cognate discipline
- 1-5 industry experience preferred
- Solid knowledge base of and experience in molecular biology techniques
- Mammalian cell culture experience required
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Strong collaboration, team-working skills and communication skills
- Independently motivated and detail-oriented with good problem solving ability
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.