The Domain Architect (DA) is a member of a delivery team, supporting both new development/product-based efforts, and production support; and is considered the highest-level domain technology expert.
The DA is responsible for:
- The assessment of business requirements; approval of technical requirements; creation of technical specifications and solution design documents.
- Initial work item estimate sizing for business prioritization and planning purposes.
- Presenting designs to the Enterprise Architecture team for review after initial design and prior to production implementation.
- Technology solutions that require development to be viable - i.e., business applications, LOB applications, workflow systems, purchased applications, developed applications, and applications integration; subsequently guiding solution execution from design to production.
- The quality and integrity of a solution; and is ultimately responsible for its viability in the Production environment.
- Maintenance of the Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) tool Troux for Allegis Group systems and technologies
- Serve as the strategic point of view for Professional Services as a whole, which initially will be PeopleSoft focused but will change as the next generation software is chosen
- Expert level of technical knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of industry’s business environment and domain
- Speak the language of business - translate business problems into technical solutions and measure success using business terms.
- Speak the language of architecture - frameworks, API-first architecture, microservices, patterns, maturity models, physical, logical, functional diagrams, use cases, etc.
- Speak the language of technology - new technologies, trends, directions, modeling, POC’s, non-functional requirements, SLA’s, compare/contrast vendors in a technology space.
- Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Ability to gain buy-in on proposed solutions.
- Behaves in accordance with objectives and strategic plan; provides strategic or conceptual advice and updates on project milestones and achievement of objectives
- Anticipates and solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; uses conceptual thinking to develop solutions
- Comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems
- Works well with technical groups
- Strong written, presentations and verbal communications skills
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.