The Scrum Master will utilize applicable adaptations of Agile practices, principles and tools to plan, organize, monitor, and serve 1-2 scrum teams at any given time. The Scrum Master will champion the execution of the Scrum framework within their assigned teams.
- Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Leads by example, providing support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible
- Removes impediments or guides the team to remove impediments
- Assesses the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement
- Facilitates getting the work done by encouraging and enabling the team to work together
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution techniques
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
Budgetary Responsibility: minimal to none.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA degree in related field and/or comparable industry, or related work experience
- Requisite level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, CSM PSII etc.) for the level of experience
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for 3-5 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of IT Service Management and ITIL Framework is a plus
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown techniques, numerous retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team – Version One, PlanView, DevOps
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.