Allegis's IS (Information Services) team is looking for a Platform Architect with significant experience with ERP architecture (On Premise and Cloud) in an agile/product environment and people management experience to join us in Hanover, MD. Allegis has been opertating its back office support opoerations on PeopleSoft for over 20 years. Allegis Group has begun a back office transformation program named Evolve. The program has been in motion since 2017, during which the team gathered current state archifacts and business process opportunites. The platform vendor demos of the program are currently underway. The core program team is working on the program and execution roadmaps scheduled to begin in 2020.
The Platform Architect (PA) is a key member of the Back Office Delivery team responsible for end-to-end architecture of the platform including:
Mentor and have HR responsibilities of the back office domain architects
Drives near-term technical roadmap, and works with enterprise architects for 3-5 year end-to-end Evolve and back office architecture roadmap
Provides thought leadership and technical guidance to minimize technical debt while balancing critical business deadlines / milestones
Optimizes software / licensing investments to increase business value of IS investments
Identifies new / innovative technologies to enable experiments for new capabilities and efficiencies
Reviews and advises on Evolve platform solutions to ensure they comply with standard architecture and development practices, align to internal integration patterns and practices, align to internal security and compliance needs, and adhere to enterprise architecture guiding principles
Document as-is and to-be architecture solutions. Present complex solutions options and benefits to key technical program stakeholders
Understands all Enterprise Architecture roadmap initiatives that impact the Evolve program to the program architecture roadmap
Ensures all major architectural decisions and Delivery plans are properly communicated at TRB (Technology Review Board) / ARB (Architecture Review Board)
Defines engineering/architectural/devops best practices to maximize development velocity, minimize technical debt/defects, and ensure program scalability
Foresees technical and business changes on the horizon that requires roadmap / architectural adjustments and can articulate the adjustment justification to business/IS leadership
Identifies technical / process efficiencies and continuously revises software/technology investments taking into account new products/services (i.e. cloud/ML/AI)
Supervisory or management Responsibility: Manages a team of Domain Architects
Budget Responsibility: Manages a budget for the Platform Architecture team
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major or equivalent IS
- 5+ years experience working with cloud-based service offerings (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- 5+ years experience working in a complex enterprise cloud for core platforms – HCM, FMS, PSA (SAP; Workday, Oracle)
- 5+ years experience working in a complex enterprise traditional ERP Platform; PeopleSoft a plus
- 12-15 years experience in various engineering roles with progressively more people and architecture management responsibilities
- Awareness of programmatic solutions on current ERP Platform and related applications,
- Expert level technical knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration across a broad array of technologies (SFDC, Informatica MDM, Azure, Mulesoft, Tibco)
- Collaborates with business, IS, and Product management to establish sound build vs buy & configure vs code-related architectural decisions
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of industry's business environment
- Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements
- Behaves in accordance with objectives and strategic plan; provides strategic or conceptual advice and updates on project milestones and achievement of objectives
- Anticipates and solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; uses conceptual thinking to develop solutions
· Customer Service
· Building Relationships
· Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
· Self-Motivation/Self Starter
· Leading Self and Others
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.