The Senior Systems Analyst engages directly with internal customers to analyze business processes and problems, evaluate system related needs, and then helps to translate those needs to solutions that will provide value to our business partners. The Senior Systems Analyst is a key member of a product delivery team, interacting with Product Owners, Developers, QA testers, Design Architects, Scrum Masters, Vendors, and more. Their key role will be to derive and document via user stories the business needs, while proactively managing customer expectations and resolving questions around business and system capabilities, as well as product features and functionality. The Senior Systems Analyst will play an intricate role in helping to lead the Agile team members.
- Partner with Product Owner(s) as a primary point of contact for system related questions and requirements, with ability to guide and escalate across product delivery team(s) as necessary.
- Understand the strategic direction of product features and related system and business processes, impacts of changes across the entire application, and the priorities of backlog. Apply knowledge of business and system capabilities to anticipate needs, address issues that arise, and deliver value to our customers.
- Apply/teach knowledge of SDLC processes to include system process flows, team reviews of analysis, design, code, test, and deployment, as well as relevant Agile ceremonies for all assigned products.
- Communicate shared vision for product quality throughout the product life cycle by writing requirements or user stories with clear acceptance criteria and advising or preparing test plans/scenarios when necessary.
- Improve overall team performance and efficiency by learning new concepts, sharing knowledge gained, and advancing product / project team capabilities through continuous improvement cycles.
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- BS/BA degree in related field and/or comparable industry, or related work experience
- 5 -10 years of related Systems Analyst experience to include preparing requirement documentation and acting as a mentor among team members
- Experience working within an Agile environment preferred 5-10 years ERP Financial system experience (PeopleSoft, Oracle, or SAP)
- Collaborative Team Player. The Senior Systems Analyst will work with/help guide teams and collaborate with Product Owners, as well as business and technical stakeholders to understand key business processes and application functionality in order to support translation of business needs to system requirements.
- Self-Starter. The Senior Systems Analyst should be able to work independently, gathering appropriate knowledge, resources and escalating necessary. Ability to lead small projects/tasks to completion while mentoring team members.
- Communication skills. The Senior Systems Analyst will lead meetings and interact with IS and business partners. Strong written communication skills are necessary to prepare user stories, job aides, and other required artifacts.
- Critical thinking/problem solving. The Senior Systems Analyst should be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills. They are the subject matter expert assisting the product/project team in system functionality.
- ERP Solutions: The Senior Systems Analyst should have strong background across financials and / or time & expense and / or human capital management. SQL experience a plus.
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.