The Employment Practices Senior Compliance Manager will support all Allegis Group entities with their employment law obligations and all relevant regulatory Compliance and Risk Management needs. The Senior Compliance Manager will be responsible for oversight of policies and procedures related to employment law Compliance and risk management across the organization; though mainly in the United States and Canada. This oversight will include reviewing current policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with all U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations (federal, state and local laws and regulations) at all levels within the organization. This position will report to the Executive Director of Ethics, Compliance and Risk Management.
- Continues to create a risk-based road map for enterprise-wide Compliance with all Federal, State and Local labor and employment law. This road map should clearly identify and focus on the highest risk points that need to be addressed organizationally.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations related to U.S. and Canadian HR and employment law issues including but not limited to applications, on-boarding, wage and hour, benefits, training, separations, etc. as it pertains to any phase of an employee's life cycle.
- Work with all Operating Company leadership to ensure and assist them in managing regulatory HR training and periodic recertification on topics including, but not limited to harassment, diversity, retaliation and union avoidance
- Collaborate with all Operating Company partners (HR, ER, Payroll, Field Support, IS, Communications and Legal) to ensure seamless service and consistent application of policies, processes and support systems
- Creates a comprehensive plan and ensures the effectiveness of that plan to manage regulatory files, audit files, develop, implement and monitor corrective action plans and provide regular reporting to managers and leaders.
- Presents issues, formulates recommended actions, escalates issues & any non-compliance to Executive Director of ECRM and appropriate Operating Company leaders
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, prepares management and leadership reports for compliance related data both on a regular basis and as requested
- Assesses, investigates, trends and summarizes information concerning the status of compliance with specific federal, state, and local employment laws and regulatory requirements policies
- Works with Operating Company leadership to establish and provide ongoing training and education to potentially all internal employees on HR Compliance policy, requirements and law
- Tracks new law and regulatory changes, assess impact to the enterprise, then communicates & ensures enterprise-wide adherence to new or updated laws and regulations. Provides updates and summary of legal and regulatory changes and impacts to the appropriate Operating Company leadership and impacted teams (HR, Field Support, Payroll, Legal, Communications and IS) who will implement appropriate recommendations or changes within their organizations.
- Responsible for the management of the organization's Ethics Hotline
- Facilitate periodic meetings with stakeholders to collaborate on employment practices initiatives
- Support the Employee Handbook revision process and required communication
- Promote compliance practices through writing articles, developing training, and assistance with the Code of Conduct maintenance
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Oversight and management of outside law firm(s) and their audits of our employment practices
- Provides leadership, coaching and development of internal staff
- Internal staff is currently a team of seven (7) individuals – one of which sits in Canada
- The internal staff focus on both the analyzing and implementation of new laws and regulations
- Management of employees' salaries, expenses
- Assist in budgeting/planning/ managing all Employment Practices assessments/audits (and their costs) using outside firms
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in HR, Business Management or related field (required)
- MBA with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent (preferred)
- JD and/or actively licensed Employment Law attorney (preferred)
- PHR designation (preferred)
- Eight to Ten years of progressive human resource experience or
- Eight to Ten years of practicing labor law for a major law firm (preferred)
- Minimum of two years' experience managing company-wide projects and initiatives for a global organization with over 5,000 EE's
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. and Canadian employment and labor law & related practices, including hiring and selection, wage and hour and employment practices
- Working knowledge of U.S. and Canadian federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Must have superior facilitation skills
- Ability to manage large projects to successful, timely and effective completion
- Must have superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Must be highly organized, ability to plan and execute high-level strategies
- Ability to be detail oriented when necessary
- Must possess consulting and leadership skills,
- Must have the ability to lead professionals & manage others through influence and collaboration
- Must have the ability to interact with and present to all levels in the organization including Executive Management
- Proficient with MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Calendar
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Peer Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.