EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.
The Scheduler provides project administration support services to the Delivery teams. The primary responsibilities of this position require a greater sense of ownership and accountability for performing and monitoring tasks that include developing project resource-loaded schedules, updating schedules by talking to various stakeholders in the Delivery team, reporting and communicating project/portfolio schedule and resource statuses, and coordinating with Delivery Project Coordinators and Delivery Project Controls Analysts. This job will require working with various teams across all offices in the engagement using technology.
Some travel may be required.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Develop and maintain resource-loaded project schedules by closely working with Delivery teams and Delivery Project Coordinators. Typical scheduling responsibilities include but are not limited to: develop resource-loaded project baseline schedule, add project to portfolio, and update project status on regular basis.
- Lead periodic (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly) meeting with Functional Leads and Delivery Project Coordinators. Use of Technology (e.g., WebEx) will be crucial to run these meetings for different office locations.
- Utilize data gathering tools and methods to collect project and resource scheduling information with help from Delivery Project Coordinators.
- Keep track of project scope changes initiated by internal teams or client. Reflect project changes on project schedules and resource planning.
- Ensure that the project status update notes are regularly recorded by working closely with Delivery Project Coordinators.
- Perform resource leveling on regular basis by closely working with Delivery teams.
- Provide analysis of resources and project schedules to assist Delivery teams with their efforts to complete projects within performance parameters of time, cost, and quality. Monitor project performance parameters, identify issues, and verify with the project teams that the issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide Delivery teams various periodic and ad-hoc reports, for example: reports on project CPIs, SPIs, project quality scores, resource utilization and forecast, etc. Develop reports on various KPIs required to make informed decisions and reach the standards of exemplary service quality for our client.
- Develop and maintain a project risk register by closely working with Delivery teams.
- Monitor and record project risk changes and ensure the project risk register is current. Reflect the impact of project risk changes on the project schedules and cost by working with Delivery Project Coordinators and Delivery teams.
- Monitor project actuals for correct hours to be billed on correct projects and tasks.
- Monitor accuracy of actual hours and cost data transfer from/to another invoicing/billing software to the scheduling software. Be able to work with plug-in software.
- Work with Delivery Project Controls Analysts to ensure that project information and statuses are correct to facilitate timely and accurate invoicing.
- Coordinate the sharing of best practices with resource analyst team working across 3 different office locations.
- Participate in development of project control standards and guidelines. Coordinate the continuous improvement of processes and procedures with Operations group.
- Work independently and provide feedback to direct manager for evidence-based decision making.
- Keep direct manager abreast of the latest developments and avail improvement opportunities regarding any aspect of the Scheduler's work.
Requisite Abilities and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction/Project Management, Engineering, or a technical field, or Associate Degree in Construction/Project Management, Engineering, or a technical field with equivalent years of experience
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in scheduling concepts: activity durations, sequence of work, scheduling logic, critical path, float, resource assignment, resource leveling, baselining schedule, recording project progress, updating schedule, milestone, and constraints, reporting on project progress.
- Experience in resource analysis concepts: assigning resources, balancing resources, resource forecasting, and resource look-ahead schedule, reporting on resource assignment and availability, and resource constraints.
- Experience in earned value concepts: computing project SPIs, CPIs, schedule variance, cost variance, budget at completion, estimate to complete, estimate at completion, and related formulas. Be able to interpret the meaning of various earned value parameters to narrow down the probable cause for schedule or cost variances; and how to address the cause.
The statistic has gone viral that there will be a talent shortage of 85.2M people by 2030. CareerCircle was founded in the spirit of finding solutions to address the pending skills gap versus falling victim to it. With so many capable people wanting to find employment and employers needing partners to achieve their goals, CareerCircle is here to provide a bridge.
At CareerCircle, we recognize that CareerskillingTM is the fastest path to improved performance and securing your ideal role. To advance your skills, you need access to the highest caliber of online education technology that is delivered in a meaningful way.
Here is where we come in.
We partner with experts in education technology to deliver unique learning experiences that can be instructor-led or self- paced, supplemented with the necessary support for optimal results. By completing the coursework provided by these groups, candidates gain the ability to be marketed to recruiters and potential employers with an emphasis on acquired skills and performance, versus limited work history or listed resume experience.
In the end, your journey of advanced education leads to higher pay, flexibility, and a better life.